Friday, September 14, 2012

101 Dalmatians Messenger Bag

I recently got the opportunity to do a custom order for a 101 Dalmatians messenger bag using a Disney 101 Dalmatians sheet.  It was a lot of fun to work on.  I always have a great time working on custom orders because I know who the item is going to be for and want to make it even more special then the rest of the things I make!

The sheet I used was a little thinner then I would have liked, so after interfacing the outer pieces I went ahead and sewed a piece of white fabric to the back of each (using a 1/4 inch seam allowance).  I then sewed the bag together just like normal.  This gave an extra bit of stability that it wouldn't have had otherwise.

The bag has a large zipper pocket in the back, two front pockets and an adjustable velcro closure.

Here are some quick pics I took of the bag before packaging it up.






Check out my tutorial if you want to make your own messenger bag!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS BAG!!!
    Thanks
    Karin
    www.openbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete